Hey All, I posted before (actually my PA did) and got it wrong. She posted. I have 2 Bradbury machines. The 1878 sews perfectly. The 1885(?)is much larger with a smaller bobbin and its all there, but I can't get the walking foot to walk. I have played with the stitch length ajustment at the wheel and wondered if it was the cam or if the screw was too short from wear. Anyone know why this problem is happening?

That machine is actually an 1860-61 Koch and Co. Bielfeld machine. Not sure how the later (same era) Durrkopp machines compare re. walking foot mechanism. Everything moves free. Seems that the lock nut/bolt for stitch length has a machined hole in it. Perhaps for a tip made of brass or copper to bear against the cam???? Putting a piece of copper in it did not affect anything (too short?)

I would appreciate any help on figuring this out. Its the first sewing machine which has baffled me for more than a day.

I had one of them yrs ago & forgot where the adjustment is but if you ever come down this way like maybe going to Weavers sale or something bring it along & I'll look at it for you.

Bob

Hi, I'm a bit late with this reply and can't answer your question either..... I'm writing because I have a H. Koch & Co Bielefeld harness machine and you mentioned that name, they are pretty rare. Would you have any books or information on the brand or machines?? Regards Steve

Hi, I'm a bit late with this reply and can't answer your question either..... I'm writing because I have a H. Koch & Co Bielefeld harness machine and you mentioned that name, they are pretty rare. Would you have any books or information on the brand or machines?? Regards Steve

Better late than never. Have you any pictures of your machine? I could send some of mine. I have searched the world for manuals and books. I was only able to identify mine by pictures of a collector in England. Only problem with mine is the walking foot won't walk. I need to find detailed pics of the interior of the cylinder, front, side and back of one which does in all the foot motions. It seems the shaft of the foot is driven by the arm (with the circle) at the top, and my walking foot top shaft may be worn.

JesseLee