The knife case in this photo is one I made. I have been making simple knife cases for about 3 years now. I have invested in a Tippman "Boss" to do the stitching with. My hands can not take all that hand stitching. I am open for comments. Case is made from 4-5 oz veg tanned sholder. Color is British Tan. Sealed with Eco-Flo Super Shine. Case was made were the smoth side is exposed on front and back. Can't believe I did not learn to make cases that way to start with.....

I am looking for an advanced case making book of some type. I would appreciate sugestions.

post-21367-093484400 1307410146_thumb.jp

I recently bought these on sale. I've read their names so many times on here, I had to get them. There are 3 volumes.

http://www.tandyleat.../61941-400.aspx

I haven't finished browsing the first one yet there is sooo much info and detail.

Your pic is a bit large, which makes it near impossible to get a good look at your sheath, however from what I can see it looks really nice.

Edited by Phatdaddy

Sorry about the HUGE size photo. I forget about the fact I have to change the format size. This is a 4 by 6 photo which will be a lot more friendly!

30 years of I/T experance and you would thing I would have since enought to attach the file. My mind thinks faster that my hands can type.... and I type at 121 wpm....

post-21367-095707300 1307469241_thumb.jp

Edited by antleygd

I have the 3 volumes of Al Stohlman's case making, in all honesty while they are a good reference they have become somewhat dated. The knife sheaths in volume 1 are rudimentary, but some good info. The hunting knife should have a welt but for some reason Mr. Stohlman didn't include a welt (Blade or Hilt) he did warn to keep the stitches at least 1/4" from the blade area. The camera cases are for old instamatics and other old model film cameras as you would expect. The books are worth the money but you should check other sources for knife sheath help. Just my $.02 worth.

Ken

Did you also make the Knife?

The knife case in this photo is one I made. I have been making simple knife cases for about 3 years now. I have invested in a Tippman "Boss" to do the stitching with. My hands can not take all that hand stitching.

Nice job on the stitching..really nice !!! you gotta love the Boss .Love the knife too..very clean look !

Edited by LeatherLegion

Did you also make the Knife?

The knife was made by SGT Tracy Larock of Lufkin Texas. The blade is 1095/15N20 demascus we made in my shop. I say we - I arc welded the ends and a handle on it. He use my power hammer. I did some hammering but not as much as Tracy! During the process, he backed over a guy line to a light pole. That is why we call this billet of demascus our $800 billet. LOL. The guard is nickle silver that he made from bar stock. I thin the handle is Az Ironwood.

I make knives but Tracy is far more advanced in quality that I am. He does some of his work with a KMG. But when it comes to finishing, he works by hand. I am looking foward to the day I get to see him pass his ABS test. I hope to follow in his foot steps one day. Meanwhile, I am his knife case maker.