Leerwerker

How do I ....

.... in an 8 strand round braid?

The only nice pattern I found by accident was a chevron pattern that you get when you have two strands of each color going round left and two of each color going round right. They alternate, one dark, one light .....

Are there other nice variations with two color braiding in eight and six strands?

JOhan

Yes, and with each type of braid, you can learn to vary the pattern according to your whim. So if you want stripes straight up and down, or spirals etc. you can vary where the colors start out to get the different patterns.

Best way to learn this is get two colors of something, and then braid away! Try putting all of one color on one side, and all of the other color on the other. Try alternating on each side. Try every combination you can imagine! Most of them will produce an interesting pattern.

In my horsehair work I frequently get people asking if I can put more than one color in a bracelet. It gets so that you can figure out what pattern you want for that braid without really spending a lot of time thinking about it. The 8-strand I use is different than what most people use, so I have to put my different colors in different positions. I don't use the "normal" 8-strand very often, so for that one, I have to stop and think a minute to remember how to get different patterns!

.... in an 8 strand round braid?

The only nice pattern I found by accident was a chevron pattern that you get when you have two strands of each color going round left and two of each color going round right. They alternate, one dark, one light .....

Are there other nice variations with two color braiding in eight and six strands?

JOhan

When I read this post i got to thinking about combinations with 8 strands and 2 colors. I concluded (maybe wrongly) that there are 144 patterns IF you use 4 strands of each colors. Once it occured to me that you do not have to stick with 4 of each color the number went immediatly into the thousands, for instans 4 of a single color one one side and different conbination of the 2 colors on the other side. that may well bring it to 144 to the 2nd or 20,736 patterns. what ever the number is I am guessing it will be a while before anyone has them all cataloged. LOL