Warpe

Flat Back Mag Pouch

Ok...I am seriously over engineering the thought process here. I am trying to make a flat backed mag pouch. I have over sized the front piece, but i run into an issue with the bottom portion of the leather bunching up. I see others have it down, and would like some input on what i am measuring wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Warpe

Ok...I am seriously over engineering the thought process here. I am trying to make a flat backed mag pouch. I have over sized the front piece, but i run into an issue with the bottom portion of the leather bunching up. I see others have it down, and would like some input on what i am measuring wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Warpe

I've not been making them all that long and others may do it differently, but I cut my leather oversized for the front piece, mould it first, then trim it to size and stitch it to the flat back. It works for me.

i made a small one years ago and left the bottom open. have you considered trying that?

i made a small one years ago and left the bottom open. have you considered trying that?

I have thought of that, but i am not really keen on the look, plus i like the idea of protecting the bottom of the mag.

Thanks for the suggestion though....it is not totally ruled out.

Warpe