Sign in to follow this  
Scary Leatherworks

Tippmann Aerostich

I've been thinking about getting a leather sewing machine and saw the "Boss" I like its simplicity but I don't think the handle operation would work for me while trying to sew a case or bag. Then I saw a post about an aerostich and really liked how it functions and can be slowed to 1 push of the pedal= 1 stitch I went to the Tippmann site but only see the "boss" or sale. Do they still sell these?

Tippmann hasn't produced the aerostitch for several years. They do however still support the machine and will service it or their tech will talk you through working on it. They are not a complicated machine and anyone with even a small degree of mechanical ability can do it. They are built like a tank and the parts that will need some degree of replacement like bobbin shuttle etc. are common with the boss. If you find one for sale the later model with the needle positioning system is the best and brings a better price.

Tippmann hasn't produced the aerostitch for several years. They do however still support the machine and will service it or their tech will talk you through working on it. They are not a complicated machine and anyone with even a small degree of mechanical ability can do it. They are built like a tank and the parts that will need some degree of replacement like bobbin shuttle etc. are common with the boss. If you find one for sale the later model with the needle positioning system is the best and brings a better price.

I have a customer here in Portales, NM that has one for sale. I beleive it is in excellent condition and ifyou will send me an email, I will get you his phone number. Thanks Ken

I've been thinking about getting a leather sewing machine and saw the "Boss" I like its simplicity but I don't think the handle operation would work for me while trying to sew a case or bag. Then I saw a post about an aerostich and really liked how it functions and can be slowed to 1 push of the pedal= 1 stitch I went to the Tippmann site but only see the "boss" or sale. Do they still sell these?

Hi,

Did you find an Aerostitch machine? Do you know what a sensible price is for one of these if sold second hand? Ive just been looking at a video of one in use on you tube and it looks like an awesome machine. I like the Boss, but as you say, it may be akward to operate it with one hand on the lever.

Cheers

Paul

Hi,

Did you find an Aerostitch machine? Do you know what a sensible price is for one of these if sold second hand? Ive just been looking at a video of one in use on you tube and it looks like an awesome machine. I like the Boss, but as you say, it may be akward to operate it with one hand on the lever.

Cheers

Paul

Odin try Ken in the above post. Thanks Ken I ended buying something. Also Odin you can contact http://www.tippmannindustrial.com/ and ask them. I emailed them and they got back to me quickly they still service them and occasionally have one for sale

Odin try Ken in the above post. Thanks Ken I ended buying something. Also Odin you can contact http://www.tippmannindustrial.com/ and ask them. I emailed them and they got back to me quickly they still service them and occasionally have one for sale

Thanks for that, I'll start looking into it.

I'll send you an email, thanks Gary.

I have a customer here in Portales, NM that has one for sale. I beleive it is in excellent condition and ifyou will send me an email, I will get you his phone number. Thanks Ken My name is Dan and i am interested in the machine if its not sold already. Please e-mail me at papadan4@yahoo.com Thankyou Dan H. Aberdeen S.D.