Sign in to follow this  
figthnbullrider

concealed carry holster

i wear shirts tucked in wit jeans. all the conceled carry holsters i have seen only work if you dont have your shirt tucked in. any ideas of how to make one for guys like me. ive considered trying to make something for a boot or sholder but i dont have any ideas. anything will help thanks

The way to get your shirts to tuck in is to use a clip positioned lower on the holster body, as well as stepped out away from the holster to create a space for the shirt to go. The shirt will them sit between the holster and the clip. That clip will go up and around the waist of the pants. Take a look at some of the tuckable holsters on ine and make note of the types of attachments they use. Use those general concepts to build your holster.

Really, you can't reinvent the wheel on this, but you can use your own style and design to acheive a similar functioning item.

Just start putting drawings on paper, get ideas out.

Today I had a revelation about my IWB I've been working on for a week or two now and so I jumped into my chair and drew the pattern. I'm building it now. I'm hoping it comes out like I think it will. But, trial and error my friend.

Edited by Shorts

Tuckable for my bersa380

HolsterPracticePhoto1.jpg

post-4868-1212763372_thumb.jpg

Jordan,

Interesting question. Around here all the law enforcment guys wear their conceal in an ankle holster. I guess it depends on which you find easiest and most accessable. Do you want to pull up your shirt or your pant leg?

Dave

I suppose in a fire situation the objective would to present the smallest target available to an adversary, so I think ankle would be best, because you would most likely crouch to withdraw it, but I'm not an expert in any way, shape or form. I have a pistol for personal protection and fun, but I posted the photo as an example of a concealed waistband holster that allows your shirt to be tucked in for general private citizen wear about town I thought that the original post was for some ideas for this type of holster, so a picture is worth a thousand words so to speak. Law enforcement (in my opinion) has very specialized needs and I don't think I would even try to make duty holsters. I shudder at the liability issues if something I designed failed and got an officer injured or worse.

For daily carry, IWB or OWB are most common. I prefer OWB. Ankle holsters are great for BUGs. Shoulder rigs have their place as well in daily carry, but that's going to be more influenced by attire/weather than IWB/OWB.

Ideally its great to have several options from day to day.

I still need to go to the class to get a cc permit, just have not felt up to it the last few months have been kinda rough disability wise. But when I do I have 3 styles to choose from unless I sell them. Then I will have to make me another one. How sweet it is! (to be able to construct one and not be at the mercy of the big commercial makers that stock the stores around here.) In no way does this mean they don't put out a decent product. I just prefer custom DIY.