pegleg

Military Insignia Dies

I recently had a request to make a holster for a 1911 Colt with the Marine Corp emblem. Does anybody know where I could find an eagle, globe, and anchor stamping die? It needs to be 3/4" to 1" tall. We have several large Marine bases in my area along with a lot of retirees from the Corps, so this is a request that might come up again in the future.

Thanks for the help.

Jeff Mosby at Grey Ghost Graphics in Savannah.

http://www.greyghostgraphics.com/stamps.html

Art

I recently had a request to make a holster for a 1911 Colt with the Marine Corp emblem. Does anybody know where I could find an eagle, globe, and anchor stamping die? It needs to be 3/4" to 1" tall. We have several large Marine bases in my area along with a lot of retirees from the Corps, so this is a request that might come up again in the future.

Thanks for the help.

aside from that, Tandy (and likely others) were selling a set of stamps with the 5 military branches. You might try eBay? I bought my set from Tandy and it's been good for keyrings and such.

Thanks for the help on the dies. I've left a message with Grey Ghost for a call-back. I also found Phillips Engraving in Missouri. They make a magnesium die available with a backing plate to fit the Tandy Hefty Handle or imprinting press. I'm waiting for a quote from them now.

Thanks again for the help.