CreativeArtandSoul

Hello From Shepherdstown!

Hi all!

My name is Kris and I'm a sandblaster or sandcarver. I haven't been working with leather yet (so don't hold that against me), but hopefully soon I will be.

I generally make sandblasted stone and glass pendants and I am excited to add some new leather cuffs with sandblasted stones to my line.

I posted a request for assistance in the Hardware and Accessories forum section to pick your brains and use your expertise to help me find the right fastener to attach my metal bezels to the leather cuff. I've been browsing rivet sites online, writing numerous emails and yes...even ordering things that just do not work. Hopefully with your help I can get this project off to a great start and hopefully progress to where I can do more creative things with the leather cuffs to complement my sandcarved stones.

It's great forums like this one and talented folks like you that really foster creative communities. I learned everything I know about sandcarving on a forum very much like this one, and for that, I hold much gratitude.

All the best to you,

Kris

Creative Art and Soul

http://creativeartandsoul.com

post-24212-014699300 1314078633_thumb.jp

Welcome, Kris. Becareful looking around here, sometimes you get into leatherland and never get back out. :)

I can't help you with your hardware question, hopefully someone will be able to chime in and get you pointed in the right direction.

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=33998 (Kris's original question.)

I'll give the other post a :sign23: for you.

I looked at your link- very pretty stuff there! :cheers:

Crystal

Welcome Kris and greetings from Central Texas!

Hi Kris,

Go to the Ohio Travel Bag Catalog where they have a bazillion fasteners. If you can't find what you need there, then maybe it doesn't exist. Don't forget glue, they have made tremendous advancements over the last 50 years.

Art

Hi all!

My name is Kris and I'm a sandblaster or sandcarver. I haven't been working with leather yet (so don't hold that against me), but hopefully soon I will be.

I generally make sandblasted stone and glass pendants and I am excited to add some new leather cuffs with sandblasted stones to my line.

I posted a request for assistance in the Hardware and Accessories forum section to pick your brains and use your expertise to help me find the right fastener to attach my metal bezels to the leather cuff. I've been browsing rivet sites online, writing numerous emails and yes...even ordering things that just do not work. Hopefully with your help I can get this project off to a great start and hopefully progress to where I can do more creative things with the leather cuffs to complement my sandcarved stones.

It's great forums like this one and talented folks like you that really foster creative communities. I learned everything I know about sandcarving on a forum very much like this one, and for that, I hold much gratitude.

All the best to you,

Kris

Creative Art and Soul

http://creativeartandsoul.com

post-24212-014699300 1314078633_thumb.jp