Sign in to follow this  
redhat4201

Couple Of 1911 Holsters

Looks great!

Very nice, indeed.

The only thing I might look at trying would be to have a little more leather on the back side of the Pancakes slots and also above the slots. Over time with use depending on the conditions the leather could wear and tear. Like when a belt wears out, adding just a little more would give it more time if it was to happen. They look very nice as they are, just thinking of long term usage and MTF (mean time failure)...

Very nice, indeed.

The only thing I might look at trying would be to have a little more leather on the back side of the Pancakes slots and also above the slots. Over time with use depending on the conditions the leather could wear and tear. Like when a belt wears out, adding just a little more would give it more time if it was to happen. They look very nice as they are, just thinking of long term usage and MTF (mean time failure)...

Reaper, I have to agree with you. To me, that is the weak spot in the pancake design, because that's where the most stretching and wear will take place. Ray at LOBO Gunleather designed the "Enhanced Pancake" which, in my mind, is a great improvement over the original. I'm too much of a 'traditionalist' to really like the pancake (or many of the newer designs) but since I build then now and then, I try to push the enhanced form if that type is requested. Mike

Edited by katsass