Casey Jordan

Custom Engraved Barry King Swivel Knife

Chris,

There are already some people that use it for outline type patterns like you would see done by a laser. Likewise they do patterns like you would see with pyrograhy. They can be very deatiled and precise. I have seen some fairly detailed ones that resemble bulino engraving...have seen it on scrimshaw as well. The chisels versus rotary tools are just different methods and techniques of removal. Each has it's function. One uses gravers and the other uses rotary items like burrs. The fine level of control used by gravers to cut would require a lot more effort with the rotary tool to yield a similar effect. I put a lot of money into the Turbocarvers and did a lot of things on other materials that I couldn't have done with the gravers.

I will see if I can locate some of the pictures that I have of ones done that look like pyrography (not ones that I did..personally I never tried that on leather but have seen it). Share yours when you are done.

Casey,

Enjoy the links.

Regards,

Ben

Edited by gtwister09

Chris,

You just might be on to something there.

I would like to see what you can do with it! Please post pictures of what you come up with.

I think I can get a hand piece for my GraverMax that is a rotary tool.

Casey