Sign in to follow this  
Phatdaddy

Mare's Leg

I've been trying to pick up odd jobs to fund my hobby, and a gent from another province has asked me to craft a holster for a Henry Mare's Leg. I haven't suggested that I can complete the request as of yet as I don't think having the actual firearm is a possibility. I was wondering if anyone had a pattern for one already that they were willing to share details on, even for a fee.

From their description, they're looking for an enclosed holster, unlike the leg holster I've seen on the forum here before with the hook and clip.

I'm not opposed to telling them I can't do it without their firearm, but if I can complete it I'd really like to as it sounds like a fun project.

Thanks,

Kevin

ill some done next week i would be glad to wholsale you one if that wouldnt offend you you could have finished product ready to go

Thanks for the kind offer, I'd really like to craft it myself. Would you be open to sharing your pattern?

Thanks for the kind offer, I'd really like to craft it myself. Would you be open to sharing your pattern?

id be glad to once wee get it finished early next week i have 4 orders for that holster right now

id be glad to once wee get it finished early next week i have 4 orders for that holster right now

I woulde be interested in the pattern as well if you dont mind.

I am finishing up this mare's leg holster for my brother who lives in VA and I live in WA. So gettting the right fit was a challenge. I used my Marlin 1894 for the pattern and once I had the holster made i went to my local gun store where they tried the pistol out for me ( see picture).

My brother is wrong handed so I had to make an enclosed holster. The saddle ring is on the wrong side for a leftie otherwise I would make one similar to the one from the show "Wanted, Dead or Alive".

Notice the gun store guy is holding the retention strap in his right hand. I did not know where to place the snap. So that was one of the main reasons for trying the fit at the gun store. I had so many folks talking to me about the holster that I completely forgot to mark the snap location. One more trip to the gun store.

Also, the gun is not pushed down tight in the holster in the picture. It does fit.

I would be glad to share my pattern. Just cover the cost of postage. If you are interested, please send me an email.

Thanks,

Jeff

post-5298-030280300 1319769926_thumb.jpg