Sign in to follow this  
CustomDoug

Does A Consew 30 Actually Exist ?

I keep coming across mention of a "Consew 30" usually mentioned in the same sentence as a Singer 31-15.... now my curiosity is peaked, I've checked google and can't find a single picture of one. I have a Consew 18 which looks a lot like a 31-15 singer but it has a walking foot w/ alternating pressers. Anyone have a picture of a 30?

http://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid=2844&aid=31131&lid=8590239#

I keep coming across mention of a "Consew 30" usually mentioned in the same sentence as a Singer 31-15.... now my curiosity is peaked, I've checked google and can't find a single picture of one. I have a Consew 18 which looks a lot like a 31-15 singer but it has a walking foot w/ alternating pressers. Anyone have a picture of a 30?

ah there it is! Mysteriously though the pics will not maximize dunno.gif, making me doubtful that it's a real machine at all, probably just a cardboard cutout (kidding) thanks for the pic. I suppose it's simply a drop feed, straight stitch, lockstitch machine. Interesting to see it. BTW, my search lacked the word "model" and that seems to have made the difference with google. thanks again.

Edited by CustomDoug

No worries, I spend much of my time trying to hunt down obscure machines so I can work out what parts to supply to get them going. This model came up with very few useful references but I knew it existed as it is in one of my needle cross references - it takes a 16X63.

ah there it is! Mysteriously though the pics will not maximize dunno.gif, making me doubtful that it's a real machine at all, probably just a cardboard cutout (kidding) thanks for the pic. I suppose it's simply a drop feed, straight stitch, lockstitch machine. Interesting to see it. BTW, my search lacked the word "model" and that seems to have made the difference with google. thanks again.

... This model came up with very few useful references but I knew it existed as it is in one of my needle cross references - it takes a 16X63.

16x63 hmm? That's just like the model 18 I have too then. Mine came with a few. But, luckily the 18 will... also take the 135x16/17 - YEAH!!

I always try to look for an equivalent common needle rather than some obscure PITA version. On many needles the critical dimension from eye to top of shank is the same but there are variations such as length of tip and shank diameter that can often be ignored or compensated for. If I am selling a second hand machine with an odd needle size it is often my preference to retime it for a DBX1, DPX5 or DPX17 if practical.

16x63 hmm? That's just like the model 18 I have too then. Mine came with a few. But, luckily the 18 will... also take the 135x16/17 - YEAH!!

I will post a pic of this sewing machine you are all so interested in.  :) I just bought a storage unit and it has this machine in it. Give me a chance to get a decent picture for you and I'll be happy to post it.