HCM

Help Adding Air Lift To My Machine

I had my dealer send me an actuator so I could add air lift to my machine and I am having trouble figuring this out. I have another machine with an add-on air lift, and it was a totally different setup than what he intended this to be. I tried calling him, but they closed for the weekend about 15 minutes before I realized I have no idea what I'm doing! Hoping someone can help me here so I can perhaps set this up this weekend.

So, here is the machine

img20111118163922.jpg

And here are the parts he sent me

img20111118163936.jpg

He told me I would have to tap some threads into the machine, but I don't really know what that would be for. The chain on the actuator is really long, and I can't figure out why it would have that long chain on there if the actuator is to be mounted on the tabletop. My other machine has the actuator mounted on the table on sort of a hinge so when it pulls the presser bar down it can flex a bit on the hinge. But this one looks like he intended it to be mounted flat, and I just don't know how I am supposed to get it to pull the presser bar when it is mounted perpendicular to the machine. I hope someone can clue me in here!