Sign in to follow this  
AEH

Singer 7-30

Gentlemen,

Searching the forum I have found a lot of posts about Singer 7 series machines, particularly the 7-31 and 7-34 models. But no mentioning of the 7-30. Anybody knows the particulars of this model?

Thank you

There is alot of different models of the 7 class,probaly close to 80,I don't remember seeing a 7-30,do you have a pic?

Bob

Thanks for the link . I don't know anything about leather sewing machines, but are looking for a machine to sew belts, wallets and such as a hobbyist. I can't read from the parts list if this machine has needle feed, which I understand is essential.

The seller asks about $2000 for it, with a 6 y old 3HP clutch motor. A bit more than I was expecting to use, but maybe a fair price?

Picture from the seller:

singer_7_30.jpg

Thanks,

None of the 7's ever had needle feed,this one has a walking foot,it would probably sew the belts ok but it's a little to big of a machine f/wallets & thinner sewing.

None of the 7's ever had needle feed,this one has a walking foot,it would probably sew the belts ok but it's a little to big of a machine f/wallets & thinner sewing.

Thanks Bob,

I will have to think about this.

Thanks for the link . I don't know anything about leather sewing machines, but are looking for a machine to sew belts, wallets and such as a hobbyist. I can't read from the parts list if this machine has needle feed, which I understand is essential.

The seller asks about $2000 for it, with a 6 y old 3HP clutch motor. A bit more than I was expecting to use, but maybe a fair price?

Picture from the seller:

singer_7_30.jpg

Thanks,

Hi Arvid,

This is way too expensive for a Singer 7. It has to big sewing foots for your purpose, and you cannot get other sewing foot’s for it. The only one who have any foots for it must be Bob here, but he do not I believe. This is not a machine for thinner threads; it works best on thick webbing and nylon with heavy threads. It is a very strong machine, but much too heavy for your use on wallets and belts. The video on the Adler is uploading on youtube now, and mail is on it’s way. (Sorry for the delay)

Trox

(Tor i Oslo)