Sign in to follow this  
FHL FERG

Something Just Occured To Me....

The topic description for this forum seem to suit this best: "Don't know where to post? If it's about leatherwork, put it here."

I had a lump in my forearm develop over the last two years. At one point about 9 months ago I went to the doc and he didn't seem concerned. Said it looked like muscle tissue, nothing to be concerned of. It's still in the back of my head that it could be something worse, but I haven't followed through with any kind of scan or anything. I was just sitting at the workbench pounding away at a piece of leather and something occured to me. As I'm holding the hammer and pounding, the muscle (right at the lump) was cramping. I'm starting to think that the lump is actually over developed muscle from all the leatherwork I've been doing over the last few years.

Anyone else have an obviously developed muscle in the forearm of the hammering arm? Mine is on the top side, closer to the elbow. Just curious....

FERG

My father had and now my brother has lumps like that on his forearms and as far as I know, are just fatty tissue and are harmless.

I would ask my doctor about getting an MRI to be sure.