Sign in to follow this  
xlr8tn

Renia Glue

Just got a new can of Renia Colle de Cologne and man is this stuff goopy. I could barely get it out of the can, but it did work really well for gluing up watch straps. How are you all using this stuff to protect from the fumes and harmful ingredients? I have a workshop indoors, but should I be gluing this stuff in the garage to keep the fumes out of my house and away from the children? Do you all thin this stuff with another product or just leave in a glue pot?

Mine has never been real goopy. It is about like Barge or Weldwood. I pour from the gallon to a glue spreader and replace the cap immediately on the gallon. I haven't had it get too thick yet, I wouldn't use it in my house or around kids.I mostly use it outside in the winter. My shop is along single car garage with a covered patio directly out the back door so that is handy. It seems to dry faster than Barge and tacks up stronger, and I can bring it in sooner. If I use it inside I wear a mask when I apply it. I don't use it inside if I am going to be working out there any longer. For things of any size I glue up last thing and leave them sit with an outside door cracked overnight. The summer time I can open the rollup door and the back door and it catches the prevailing breeze. I glue in there more often, but wear a mask when I apply it and take a break to let it tack up.