Sign in to follow this  
Chris of WV

Wtb: Chromexcel

Hey all,

I'm looking to buy some Chromexcel scraps from someone (and when I say scraps, I mean pieces ranging from 1 sf and up), since I can't really afford to purchase a whole hide (holy smokes it's expensive), and I'd like some to try out and practice on... Anyone have any extra lying around they might like to sell?

I'm going to contact Maverick Leather today and see if they have anything, but I'm still open to offers...

Thanks,

Chris of WV

Davis Leatherworks

Hey all,

I'm looking to buy some Chromexcel scraps from someone (and when I say scraps, I mean pieces ranging from 1 sf and up), since I can't really afford to purchase a whole hide (holy smokes it's expensive), and I'd like some to try out and practice on... Anyone have any extra lying around they might like to sell?

I'm going to contact Maverick Leather today and see if they have anything, but I'm still open to offers...

Thanks,

Chris of WV

Davis Leatherworks

Hi Chris:

It's shocking how expensive even scraps are isn't it? I got lucky and found this link in another forum and got 2 pieces of nice sized leather for a pretty good price. (couldn't afford that either but I got it anyway)

http://paleoplanet69529.yuku.com/topic/48516/Lots-of-Leather-For-Sale

I had to convincel her into taking paypal payments but it worked out ok... I paid a small fee to offset the costs. Anyway, maybe there is something you can use on there.

Hi Chris:

It's shocking how expensive even scraps are isn't it? I got lucky and found this link in another forum and got 2 pieces of nice sized leather for a pretty good price. (couldn't afford that either but I got it anyway)

http://paleoplanet69...eather-For-Sale

I had to convincel her into taking paypal payments but it worked out ok... I paid a small fee to offset the costs. Anyway, maybe there is something you can use on there.

Hey Sylvia,

Thanks for the tip... I went ahead and bit the bullet yesterday and ended up purchasing a seconds hide from Maverick... The salelady I spoke to (Erin) was very nice and extremely helpful, and when I request the smallest hide they had (to keep my cost low) she obliged by finding one for me that was just a hair under 17 square feet... Ended up costing me about $60. Not bad, really... :) I might end up needing more though, so I'll keep your link in mind! Thanks so much!

Also, if anyone else has some/knows where to get some cheap, I'm still looking for scraps and smaller pieces... :)

Thanks,

Chris of WV