hurricane

Company Logo

Making this for a friend, only my 2nd time at leatherwork,would like to know what to add to make it look better and please let me know what i am doing wrong, thank you all.post-27771-068163100 1326340649_thumb.jp

Edited by hurricane

Well, if you put some veins in the leaf that would help...also you beveled on the inside of the cut line instead of the outside. It just takes practice! Good Luck

'Thinking that his buddy's company is Canadian so the leaf is a straight graphic, no veining on the leaf from the flag :)

Well, if you put some veins in the leaf that would help...also you beveled on the inside of the cut line instead of the outside. It just takes practice! Good Luck

Thanks for the comments, how does one go about knowing what side of the cut to bevel?

You can do it that way it's called inverted carving, it just comes down to preference on which way you want to carve, standard (outside the line) & inverted (inside the line). If you do a search here and on google for inverted carving it should bring some examples up, Al Stohlman also has a book on the technique.