Sign in to follow this  
Kaoz

How To Make Vest Extenders

New Guy here, any help would be appreciated

I want to make biker vest extenders so I'm thinking of buying the DK98 snap press. Is this the right, affordable solution?

I have been told that most biker vest use size 16 metal snaps, with a few using size 18 snaps; but that I should purchase size 18 snaps and dies because the size 18 metal snap will fit both the 16 and 18 snap on the vest.

Never done any of this before, so any input would be nice on equipment, supplies, how to, etc

Many thanks.

Hi go to a biker leather shop, they should sell them. Most leather vest use line 24 snaps some line 20. The size is approx. 4 to 6 in. long completed, somethimes custom ones are longer. A great way to use scraps, use the curb (?) chain and leather on ends with snaps or all leather with snaps on end.

I use #24 snaps. You can use the 4 inch curb chain from tandys and even the skull snap by tandy.

Most vest extenders have line 24 snaps, finding smaller sizes is almost impossible! When a customer brings a vest with line 20 or smaller I usually change them out to a line 24 snap. Yes! I am a biker!