Sign in to follow this  
katiemfree

Die With Hole Punches

I have been scouring the boards here and learning so much. I appreciate how generous everyone is with their knowledge. I am in the planning stages of setting up a slipper-making business. I have a question about getting a die made. I would like to get sole shapes made with holes punched around the edge for lacing. I have been researching die makers but haven't seen any examples like this. Is this possible? Or is there another way to punch lacing holes more efficiently than one at a time? Thanks for any suggestions.

http://www.prorodeooriginals.com/

give cris a call. he's fast and very reasonable. I used him last year and it was great.

pete

Thanks so much for the tip! They must be a popular shop, already had bookmarked their site from a few other threads.

I have been scouring the boards here and learning so much. I appreciate how generous everyone is with their knowledge. I am in the planning stages of setting up a slipper-making business. I have a question about getting a die made. I would like to get sole shapes made with holes punched around the edge for lacing. I have been researching die makers but haven't seen any examples like this. Is this possible? Or is there another way to punch lacing holes more efficiently than one at a time? Thanks for any suggestions.

Katiemfree: I would recommend Texas Custom Dies -Talk to Heather 817 563 2315 . You'll have to make a posterboard pattern of the exact layout you want .These aren't cheap though as the hole punch tubes make the cost sgo up. Also, they are made to be used with a clicker so, you can punch them out pretty fast-they can cut the sole out as well as punching the holes in one operation. This may be more than you want but, if you start getting any volumn it's the best way in my opion. Tackman