Sign in to follow this  
Elton Joorisity

Half sized wade tree

Anyone know any maker(s) of proportionate and true to form half sized wade trees? I have seen a few other half sized trees and they just didn't look like true Wades.

Elton,

Carson Thomas in Wickenburg AZ does some pretty nice miniature saddles. Not sure on the tree source, but worth tracking him down to find out. We saw one of his mini Wades in a gallery in Jackson WY a few years ago. The basket stamps, monels, everything was scaled down really close. It looked like Wilbur's monkey could just climb on and ride it. Had a 20 some thousand price tag and sold a month or two later by the time I told someone else they needed to see it. Happy Canada Day, by the way!

Thanks Bruce. I'm glad to be home today. Gettin lots done down in the shop. Supposed to get into the 90's today and let me tell you how nice it is to be able to have my shop in our basement where it is actually pretty cool.

Happy Canada Day to all the other Cannucks on here as well!!!!!!!!!!!

I make hand made trees in any scale you like. I've not rawhided any of them, but they are identical to their big brothers with the size exception. If fiberglassing is acceptable I can cover 'em that way. Fiberglassing offers much finer detail anyway in the smaller sizes.

Jon

Happy Canada day to you too!

We have made a few 1/2 size ones. A couple in just the wood with a fancy finish for looks. (Last I knew Caledon Sales still had one in their showcase.) The ones we have made to be built on have also been rawhided - with deerhide. We build them just like our regular trees, but the specs are 1/2 the normal. Sorry I don't have a picture to post for you but we haven't made one since we got the digital camera.

Rod made one 1/4 size for fun once. 4" seat length, etc. Very cute.