Sign in to follow this  
Tim44

Greetings From Idaho

Just wanted to say thank you for allowing me to join the campfire. I am pursuing leathercraft as a hobby/income since i can no longer work a traditional 9-5. I need advice on tool selection, leather types and the whole nine yards so be patient and i will try not to be to big of a nuisance. Thanks again everyone.

Welcome to the forum......If I may make a suggestion (it worked for me)....sit back, relax and take a look around all of the subject areas around here. You will learn more from this research than from the number of responses from this one thread. Just my opinion.

Agree on King X's advice to browse. I probably spend about 95% of my time on this forum just reading (and admiring some of the amazing work here!).

Just wanted to say thank you for allowing me to join the campfire. I am pursuing leathercraft as a hobby/income since i can no longer work a traditional 9-5. I need advice on tool selection, leather types and the whole nine yards so be patient and i will try not to be to big of a nuisance. Thanks again everyone.

Hi Tim:

I'm near Boise, where are you located?

Maybe you, cyberthrasher, and I should create a guild. :o)

Syl

Thanks for the welcoming attitude and valuable advice. I plan on soaking as much of this site up as I possibly can. I have already seen some of the work done by various members here and I was at once excited about the possibilities and blown away by the talent, imagination and creativity.

Hi Sylvia. I am currently living in the bustling metropolis of Malad, on the Utah/Idaho border.

Hi Tim:

I'm near Boise, where are you located?

Maybe you, cyberthrasher, and I should create a guild. :o)

Syl

Hi Sylvia. I am currently living in the bustling metropolis of Malad, on the Utah/Idaho border.

Interesting, that's a ways away from me.

Interesting, that's a ways away from me.

I think we've got the state covered then.

Welcome Tim. Reading really is the best advice. If you can't find an answer in your research then ask away. I find that once I've done some research it's easier for me to ask the questions. As far as advice, not sure what you want to work on (specific styles and such) but I definitely recommend grabbing a few bags of practice leather from any of the online retailers and mess it all up :thumbsup: