Sign in to follow this  
colbyj

Problem With Adler 69-372

Im having a problem with a machine I just bought. Its an adler 69-372. Im trying to thread the bobbin. I have the bobbin in the case and when I bring the needle down to pick up the bobbin thread its hitting the piece that the bobbin case sits in, so the needle cant go all the way down. I think I am just overlooking something because it worked fine at the place where I got it. Does anybody know what I am doing wrong. Thanks so much in advance.

Im not really threading the bobbin, but trying to get the bobbin thread to come up with the needle

Ok,the party that the bobbincase sets in is called the hook basket & it is held in place from spinning by a little tab of metal the top so take the needle plate off & look on the leftside & you'll see to U shpaed part on the basket & then the tab of metal it goes into on the leftside.

Clear as mud??

Bob

Thanks so much Bob. I resolved my last problem.

Im having problems with the tension on it now. The top stitch looks great, however the bottom stitch goes from looking like a bird nest to decent sometimes. Ive been playing with the tension on the top string and I havent made any progress. Does anybody have any experience with adlers that could point me in the right direction?

Thanks, Colby

Thanks so much Bob. I resolved my last problem.

Im having problems with the tension on it now. The top stitch looks great, however the bottom stitch goes from looking like a bird nest to decent sometimes. Ive been playing with the tension on the top string and I havent made any progress. Does anybody have any experience with adlers that could point me in the right direction?

Thanks, Colby

Looping underneath is the top thread it's either to loose or not threaded correctly.