hannahbaby26

Where To Start?

I'm new to leather work and my dad is wanting braided reins. So I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers. I need to know where to begin. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I'm new to leather work and my dad is wanting braided reins. So I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers. I need to know where to begin. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

hI hANNAHBABY AND WELCOME. WE HAVE A WHOLE BRAIDING FORUM IF YOU KEEP GOING. bUT what KIND DOES HE WANT? fLAT, ROUND, (sorry 'bout the caps, still 1/2 alseep)? Oh and you could really have fun with him if you did a mystery braid which is so easy even I can do it. I learned how on youtube. they have a gazillion videos on all kinds of leather work. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

You're going to need leather and a knife and your hands and that's about it. If you tell me what kind, i'll find you some videos. Also look up winterbear in the member area. Knows this stuff and very helpful. Cheryl

hI hANNAHBABY AND WELCOME. WE HAVE A WHOLE BRAIDING FORUM IF YOU KEEP GOING. bUT what KIND DOES HE WANT? fLAT, ROUND, (sorry 'bout the caps, still 1/2 alseep)? Oh and you could really have fun with him if you did a mystery braid which is so easy even I can do it. I learned how on youtube. they have a gazillion videos on all kinds of leather work. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

You're going to need leather and a knife and your hands and that's about it. If you tell me what kind, i'll find you some videos. Also look up winterbear in the member area. Knows this stuff and very helpful. Cheryl

He was wanting round reins. Thank you so much for you help.

He was wanting round reins. Thank you so much for you help.

I know a place where you can get good quality material inexpensively for mecate (if he wants them for a bosal) made of goat hair. To make mecate reins you'd need probably 25 feet x 4 if he wants the popper end too. they would be 20 feet but the braiding will take up some of that length. But they would be an absolute killer set by the time you were done. I'll send you all this stuff in a PM after I gather it up. I'm sorry i didn't answer sooner but I dropped off to sleep, I've been pulling a lot of 36 hour shifts here at home trying to get a business started. Cheryl

I know a place where you can get good quality material inexpensively for mecate (if he wants them for a bosal) made of goat hair. To make mecate reins you'd need probably 25 feet x 4 if he wants the popper end too. they would be 20 feet but the braiding will take up some of that length. But they would be an absolute killer set by the time you were done. I'll send you all this stuff in a PM after I gather it up. I'm sorry i didn't answer sooner but I dropped off to sleep, I've been pulling a lot of 36 hour shifts here at home trying to get a business started. Cheryl

Hey no worries. I'm just thankful for the help.

Hey no worries. I'm just thankful for the help.

If you look at the top of your screen you'll see a little green thing (on the right by your name) where I sent you urls and videos. happy braiding, cheryl