Does anyone know how to make a braided watch band? I can't quite figuire out in my head.

I'd think it'd work well to make a bracelet then add attached loops for the watch attachment points. And instead of snaps/studs/loops you simply braid in a loop for the buckle. Look up Anne's bracelet, or the one Leatheroo made- that's what I'm basing the idea on.

I'd think it'd work well to make a bracelet then add attached loops for the watch attachment points. And instead of snaps/studs/loops you simply braid in a loop for the buckle. Look up Anne's bracelet, or the one Leatheroo made- that's what I'm basing the idea on.

thanks, I'll check those out..

I really don't like this question over here. I only visit the braiding room, so I thought I didn't post it. Maybe I'm the only one that stays in the braiding room.

Leatheroo's bracelets are lovely but not quite what I had in mind and I couldn't find "Anne" so I don't know what she does.

I'm thinking of a double 4 plait.

I know there is a way to do it I just quite put it all together.

I've been thinking of doing one with a conquistador braid.

What's a conquistador braid?

There is a guy on ebay that makes them, but it's not quite what I had in mind. He uses conchos to secure the watch and the conchos are probably as large or larger than many watch faces, so it's to busy for my taste. I like to use as little hardware as possible.

I guess if I bought nice watch faces that would work. I could braid them right onto the watch.

I guess if I bought nice watch faces that would work. I could braid them right onto the watch.

Now THAT'S an excellent idea - I never thought of that. After all, if people buy a band with a face that looks good, why would they need to change it? It sure would make straps simpler and more streamlined with the band attached directly.

That's what I was thinking. But you know I have a great Harry Potter watch that just needs a new band, so I can't be the only one that has a beloved watch that needs a new band. Of course I could just buy the pins for my own watch and then braid the band, but of course that won't help anyone else.