LadyEvyl

My first project ever

Hi everyone,

I am new here and new to leather work.

Thought I would post my first project I have finished.

its a horsehair flogger

Looking forward to getting to know everyone

IMG_0308.jpg

post-6978-1215459651_thumb.jpg

Looks real good! I like the use of the rope for the knots! nice touch

Very nicely done. Did you buy the hair or cut it off your horse?

Looks like someone is going to have some fun tonight!

Great job.

ArtS

Nice work! I like that you've left a lanyard on the end. I've found that using the lanyard makes them a lot faster and a lot more accurate!

Thank you all for the compliments

@ shotgunwillie...yeah rope knots cause I had no clue as to how to do a turksknot lol. but now I saw Drac's post.

@ Arts...I have been near horses maybe 10 times in my life...so i got it of Ebay lol. I finished it about 2 weeks ago...I think 4 people can tell you how much fun it is. Either soft and relaxing or stingy depending on the swing. Its everyone's new favorite.

@ Schno...sorry I am very new to leatherwork...what is a lanyard? Will I get kiked out for asking that question? :helpsmilie:

Schno...sorry I am very new to leatherwork...what is a lanyard? Will I get kiked out for asking that question?

Nah, you're okay. You've got to try a lot harder than that to get kicked out.

The lanyard is that little loop on the end of the handle. Whenever I use my horsehair flogger, I loop the lanyard around my index finger. I've found that it can be used to good effect that way!

By the way, you should contact Johanna here to get access to the adult section. In the interest of audience by volition, they keep these kinds of projects in that area.

Anyway, welcome to Leatherworker.net! This place is full of some incredible people with great advice and perspective!

Yes I was informed of that special section after this post...and I have now access to that part of the site.

Ah so that is a lanyard....well I just made it so I could hang the thing but now will try your advice.

Thank you very much for the welcome. I am very happily surprised so far with the actual interaction compared to most forum sites.

Very nice work there LadyEvyl!

The handle looks well done and very tight.

How does it handle?

cal