Sign in to follow this  
glockanator

Judge And Sig Pro Holster Pattern

A gentleman asked if I could make him two holsters one for a Judge and one for a Sig Pro SP2340. He would like them both to be pancakes with a thumb break. This is not usually a problem but he wont lend them to me and he wont provide a outline. This is a last ditch effort to try and do these holsters. If you have a pattern I would be willing to pay for a copy of it.

Thanks

Edited by glockanator

If he is not willing to lend you the gun, then what good does it do you to have a pattern? you will not be able to wet form it anyways... And if the response is that he will bring the gun over to let you wet mold it but cant keep it then have him bring it over to make an outline to make the pattern..

If he is not willing to lend you the gun, then what good does it do you to have a pattern? you will not be able to wet form it anyways... And if the response is that he will bring the gun over to let you wet mold it but cant keep it then have him bring it over to make an outline to make the pattern..

I talked to him and the reason he cant lend me the gun is because they are gifts for his dad and if the guns goes missing he will know something is up. I told him I would eventually need the gun to wet mold the holster. He wants me get them all stitched up then he can give them to his dad and he would than return them to me with the guns. I might just have to pass on this job if I cant find an already made pattern.

I talked to him and the reason he cant lend me the gun is because they are gifts for his dad and if the guns goes missing he will know something is up. I told him I would eventually need the gun to wet mold the holster. He wants me get them all stitched up then he can give them to his dad and he would than return them to me with the guns. I might just have to pass on this job if I cant find an already made pattern.

Sounds like you only have two options. Either order blue guns to fill the order or pass.

Sounds like you only have two options. Either order blue guns to fill the order or pass.

Kinda what I am thinking. Called him again and told him he would have to pay up front for both holsters before I would start waiting to.hear back from him.

Just my .02 cents,

The more complicated a customer makes your job the more difficult the whole experience will become. It seems that once you start to accommodate someone something out of the ordinary, the more time it costs YOU!

Pass on the job and do your normal orders, if you don't have any, use the time to market yourself and your business.

I called and left the guy a message and told him that since I had not heard back from him that I would need to pass on the job. You win some you lose some I guess.

I make several styles of judge holsters, unfortunately none in a pancake design. i found it easy to just buy an aluminum gun for them. After I made one, i never figured anyoone else would want one. Guess again!!! it appears that the clunky P.O.S. is a popular gun with the old crowd that thinks "the bigger th gun the better!" good idea to pass on the job, but look into a blue gin or aluminum mold. best of luck!

He came through with the judge but not the sign paid up front also.

20120425_134634.jpg

This is what I came up with.

Here's my 2¢ worth: any time I have a difficult customer, I add an additional charge for the "ick factor". That charge varies depending on how much of a pain in the butt they are. Sometimes I'll quote them a price so outrageous hopeing they'll go elsewhere for the work. This is then a win win situation for me. Either I dont have to deal with their BS, or I will make a lot more money than normal. I also add $20 to the price anytime I have to order a dummy gun, and always get half up front if they are local and paid in full if they are not local.

The other thing I thought I might mention is the quality of your work. Your molding looks very good and your stitcing also looks good. The only thing I would do different is stitch much closer to the gun. In time the leather will soften and the molding will open allowing the gun to wiggle and move inside the holster. Here is a picture of one I made for a Ruger SR9C. Otherwise, great job and keep up the good work.

quote name='glockanator' timestamp='1335727589' post='245728']

He came through with the judge but not the sign paid up front also.

20120425_134634.jpg

This is what I came up with.

post-19610-076619900 1335733589_thumb.jp