Sign in to follow this  
megabit

A Little Trick

I've started doing something that I think looking back Nate showed me. If I need say 6" of nice tight braid for say a honda, I'll braid out to about maybe 9" to get it nice and tight out past 6 and then unbraid back to the length I need. Anyone else do that?

I braided up a honda I cut string for a couple of weeks ago last night. I finished the braiding and put it on my strecher and found out how tight too tight was when I broke a string. grrr!

Yeah i usually do that too. I usually only go as far as I need to to get the strands tight. I know that sounds silly, but when you correctly tighten a strand, it is tightening a few braids up, not where your hands are.

Sorry if thats confusing, but short answer yes I do that too

CW

I know that sounds silly, but when you correctly tighten a strand, it is tightening a few braids up, not where your hands are.

Exactly, one of the best things I've learned was from Clint and Nate, to pull tight before you plait and then plait loose. That has sure helped.

That was probably the biggest revelation in my braiding. It has made my pieces turn out so much better

Pull tight, braid loose. It's also in the RonEdwards books.

thanks a lot for this very helpful information and sharing your knowledge!!!