Sparks. Yes I just buffed rested let dry for 24 hours then rebuffed and finished.

I'm with Katsass, vinegaroon is the only way to go for black, just make sure you search the forum for the correct procedure. Plus that is the best way to use white thread with black and for me the thread has got to be white.

I'm with Katsass, vinegaroon is the only way to go for black, just make sure you search the forum for the correct procedure. Plus that is the best way to use white thread with black and for me the thread has got to be white.

I do white thread on black leather all the time with no problem, and I dip dye my leather. I think the quality of dye is the culprit.

I agree 100%. I used to constantly have problems with dye bleeding into my thread, now I use Pro oil dye and never have a problem no matter the color. Here are a few, and often times my dye is barely dry. I've tried leaving regular spirit dye dry for up to a week and it still bled during molding. I don't have the time to vinegaroon it all and I don't care for the smell, I k ow it goes away but still.

F2E212EF-B8AD-4652-A54B-E3C9B799E572-52459-00002EB0F9CB3180.jpg

E4787FC4-5246-4954-AE01-E73C2A4D7C27-52459-00002EB0CBE17B4B.jpg

I do white thread on black leather all the time with no problem, and I dip dye my leather. I think the quality of dye is the culprit.

Billymac- that black looks great! I have never had success like that with black dye.

Dickf- I will take any advice from you on dyeing, I think your colors are about the best I've seen. I have never invested enough in one color of dye to be able to dip dye maybe this is what I need to do.

I live in the UK & our Tandy store has just told me that the Fiebings Pro Oil dyes & laquers are to be discontinued over here....something to do with the contents.... :(