Here's a spaulder & harness I knocked up last week. Pretty pleased with it, seems quite comfortable to wear but I'll be fighting with it this weekend so I shall see if the template needs any adjustments!

post-22869-098144900 1335210233_thumb.jp

post-22869-065571200 1335210244_thumb.jp

That is incredibly nice! Love the simple details, nothing too fancy. Color is great too.

What oz weight is the leather by the way?

Cheers,

Andy

Edited by AndyL1

That is incredibly nice! Love the simple details, nothing too fancy. Color is great too.

What oz weight is the leather by the way?

Cheers,

Andy

Cheers Andy. Still finding my feet with everything, and I'm never entirely happy with anything I make, but I think I'm improving gradually. I'm not actually sure what weight that leather is, it's about 3mm thick though.

Your bags are spectacular - I gave you a 'like' on Facebook :)

Cheers Andy. Still finding my feet with everything, and I'm never entirely happy with anything I make, but I think I'm improving gradually. I'm not actually sure what weight that leather is, it's about 3mm thick though.

Your bags are spectacular - I gave you a 'like' on Facebook :)

Same here! I'd love to make myself something similar to this one day. I just picked up some 8-9oz that may do the trick (at least for costuming purposes.)

Thanks for the complements and the "like"!

-Andy

Edited by AndyL1

I've done some metal-weapon fighting grade armour out of 5.5mm sole leather and it's crazy solid.

Usually I use 3.4mm for my costume grade armour which is great unhardened and also hardens up nicely with hot water techniques.

Excellent work! I also liked what I saw on your Facebook page. Lately all I have done is a little tooling, but this is inspiring me to get back into everything a little heavier. I found a site on Ebay that sells some really awesome medieval style hardware for Belts, Bags, LARP, and Historical applications. They sell out as fast as they post the stuff! The Ebay address is, http://stores.ebay.com/antikgroupkontor

Edited by toker

Hi Andy, I just checked out your Blackthorn page - beautiful stuff. I too am in scenic Los Angeles, can you recommend any suppliers in the area? I make stuff for larp and re-enactors. In fact, I run a LARP in the area, if you're ever interested in actually playing!