DoubleC

Will Block Or Resist Work With Vinegaroon?

I want to make my dog an 'eye' collar, thought I'd let her advertise for me because everyone always wants to pet her. She's a mix spaniel/blue tick coon hound and is mostly silver and black, with just a little brown. I wanted to do the eyes vinegaroon black but with the eyeball brown as usual. I'll post one of my eyes and also her. I made some vinegaroon and love it as black since it's such a hard color to work with and keep ON anything. I was going to do the connecting pieces of the leather silver with translucent acrylic paint. If block or resist won't work, I guess I can reverse the design. Thanks Cheryl.

Skadi and Eye below.

Not likely, as vinegroon tends to wick through the leather grain under the surface.

Not likely, as vinegroon tends to wick through the leather grain under the surface.

Thanks Glen. I figured that but thought I'd ask. Thanks for answering. Cheryl

You could try to apply it with a brush or something starting from center and let it wick out to the edges of the eye. Just take it slow and easy and see what happens. I have no experience with it but it sounds like a good idea to me. :)

You could try to apply it with a brush or something starting from center and let it wick out to the edges of the eye. Just take it slow and easy and see what happens. I have no experience with it but it sounds like a good idea to me. :)

Oh that's a really cool idea. I never thought about trying that. I have an unpainted eye right here and have the vinegaroon already made so I'll see how that works. Work my way in slow. I love the color this stuff makes things but didn't want to ruin the whole thing. Thanks AGAIN Allen :-)

I don't like using the stuff but I keep it around (hate the smell, hate vinegar..). Either way, I have tested using it as a dye in tighter spots and it worked out fine as suggested above.

Thanks Ironhead, I'm hoping to try it today, have had a zillion other things to do instead. I like the smell because I clean with vinegar so that didn't bother me, and if I mess up a few that's ok, still in a learning curve. Cheryl

Hey guys, check it out. Cheryl

Nice, Give it a week and see what happens. I have had Vinegaroon leech into other areas as time passes.

Michael

LOL, that's heartening. But I am finishing up the eye right now, putting the resolene on it, and made the eye dark blue for something different. Won't show much except at the top maybe where I made the blue lighter if it does leech. I'll put the finished eye back here in a little while, when it's dry enough to scan.

Here it is, trying to decide how I like the look still.