RaeNae

The Complete Beginner

Hello, lovelies! I'm new to Leather Working, mostly playing around with scraps, making a few coasters. Most everything I know I've learned by myself through trial - error and a lot of hurt fingers, I'm currently looking for local classes to help me flourish with such a beautiful craft.

I'm looking forward to sharing ideas and just generally meeting y'all!!

~Rae

Hey Rae, glad you could join us. I've heard Tandy does classes but we don't have one where I live. I'd try them first though. Cheryl

Nice to meet you, Rae. :)

I also, have learned just about everything I know from trial and error (mostly error), and in the first week of perusing these forums I learned so many different ways on how to do just about everything. It was pretty overwhelming, really. There's so much knowledge here that people are more than willing to share. If you need to know anything about leather craft, it's here... Somewhere. LOL

Have fun!

@Cheryl - I've signed up for my first class at Tandy this Saturday! I'm rather excited, semi- nervous about it though. lol Thanks!

@Trey - Thanks! It's a pleasure to meet you as well! - I've already found some interesting posts about what I'd like to try my hand at (corsets/watch-bands) and found that I might need to buckle down a bit more if I want to accomplish something rather decent. Thanks!

you're most welcome, Rae. Don't be nervous, this stuff is fun and when it isn't you put it down and do something else. You'll probably find most of us have a bigger problem lying it down than picking it up :-) Cheryl

I just went to my first class and had a blast, a few of the other members who joined and I are going to get together, practice and join the local guild! I'm super excited and figured I could post a few pictures of what I did today;

The first is of my entire piece of scrap leather. post-31361-089251800 1337462135_thumb.jp

And the second is of my little floral design in the corner, along with some ribbon like designs. post-31361-066121400 1337462294_thumb.jp

You GO girl.....that's awesome work you have there. Cheryl