CowboyDan

Free Skunk Scent With Purchase Of Tools!

I finally called up Lonnie Height to order my 15 piece set. ($145 USD + $6 shipping to my house in Pa).

Heck of a guy. I'm going to try to get down to the IFLG show in Nashville (http://southcentralleathercraftersguild.com/sclg-2012-ifolg-show/) this year, primarily to meet him.

Somehow we got onto the subject of critters, and his old shepherd dog (which has cataracts) likes to chase cats, but chased a polecat the other day. Lonnie kindly offered to send me some skunk scent for free with my tools. I declined, naturally.

Just thought I'd throw that out just in case someone happens to like the odor of fresh skunk.

He said he'll be out for the Sheridan show, and he'll have to make a couple tools to finish out my set, so I'll probably be getting them the week of the 21st. i can't wait......

LOL that's a little something extra I don't think anyone would want. he he he... nice of him to offer though.

S

LOL that's a little something extra I don't think anyone would want. he he he... nice of him to offer though.

S

Sylvia

Skunk scent would be a help out for you who don´t like the smell of pine! : :innocent:

/ Knut

Sylvia

Skunk scent would be a help out for you who don´t like the smell of pine! : :innocent:

/ Knut

ha ha ha!! you might have a point there. After a rare attempt at cleaning with pinesol... I'm not sure it's the pine scent now.... I think it's the "sol" sent. Like "lysol" and pinesol" There is just something about it.

ha ha ha!! you might have a point there. After a rare attempt at cleaning with pinesol... I'm not sure it's the pine scent now.... I think it's the "sol" sent. Like "lysol" and pinesol" There is just something about it.

What is Pinesol? Never heard of it!

/ Knut

What is Pinesol? Never heard of it!

/ Knut

It's a cleaning solution here in the states. Made by the lysol company I think. Now there are other scents thankfully.

http://www.pinesol.com/index.php?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=pinesol&utm_campaign=Branded

Thanks for asking. It forced me to look it up and along the way I found out that "sol" in Pinesol is Phenol..

Maybe that's whats making the stuff stick to me.

It's a cleaning solution here in the states. Made by the lysol company I think. Now there are other scents thankfully.

http://www.pinesol.com/index.php?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=pinesol&utm_campaign=Branded

Thanks for asking. It forced me to look it up and along the way I found out that "sol" in Pinesol is Phenol..

Maybe that's whats making the stuff stick to me.

I googled on Phenol - it is poisonous ! Sknuk scent isn´t - i think! :innocent:

Hey Dan!

You won't be disappointed in the work that Lonnie does, or in the tools you are getting. Everything he does is first rate. As you mentioned, he's also a great guy to talk to.

Lonnie now runs the operation owned by the late Ellis Barnes. If you wanted to know anything about the history, metallurgy, or construction of Craftools, or anything about the Tandy Company, or leather work through the years, Ellis would gladly tell you how it was. Often you didn't even have to ask! I miss talking to him.

If you get a chance to see Lonnie, please tell him I said HI!

Mike

Edited by Mike Craw

Bo

I finally called up Lonnie Height to order my 15 piece set. ($145 USD + $6 shipping to my house in Pa).

Heck of a guy. I'm going to try to get down to the IFLG show in Nashville (http://southcentralleathercraftersguild.com/sclg-2012-ifolg-show/) this year, primarily to meet him.

Somehow we got onto the subject of critters, and his old shepherd dog (which has cataracts) likes to chase cats, but chased a polecat the other day. Lonnie kindly offered to send me some skunk scent for free with my tools. I declined, naturally.

Just thought I'd throw that out just in case someone happens to like the odor of fresh skunk.

He said he'll be out for the Sheridan show, and he'll have to make a couple tools to finish out my set, so I'll probably be getting them the week of the 21st. i can't wait......

Do you have a link to the set?

Thanks

Jon

I've finally got to use these on a project, and so far they're far & away better than the Tandy tools I started with.

Definitely worth the $150.

Anybody looking to get a starter set of tools should look at this set before looking anywhere else. Especially if you like well made tools.

The bevellers are truly awesome. The set has three, and I've found that I really like the smallest one because it has the steepest angle.

The backgrounders are very nice also. it just takes some practice to keep the background from getting patters in it when doing larger areas. Just have to think RANDOM!!!

To get rid of skunk scent use a taxidermy product called Stop Rot.