Sign in to follow this  
Chuck

Leather Handbag pattern

Here is a tooling pattern for a ladies handbag or carryall that I drew up last night that I thought I would share with the other users of leathernet. If you like it, fell free to use the pattern, if you wish to critique I would like that also. I have started tooling this piece and will show the result when done. The fold over flap pattern will come later when I decide what kind I want to use.

DSCF2083.JPG

post-5085-1200609724_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chuck

Very nice.... you have tallent

Very nice.... you have tallent

Thanks for the comment, I really enjoy drawing the patterns and would love to see another leather workers interpretation of my patterns. Chuck

Chuck, I like the patern and look forward to the rest of the bag parts.

My main consern is that to my eye, there is a conflict in flow, between the left and right sides, a lack of blending the two, if you will.

I like that you show the flowers from different perspectives and some have a more natural look in their application(a bit wild).

Also I've found a big challenge in design drawing is using leafs and stems and such to reduce background. Sometimes when we step back to look at a design we can see that some fillers look a bit out of place or stiff looking.

I find that it is equally important to find a way for fillers to stay with the flow of things.

Some ways to do this is to change an angle or create more bend or curve, sometimes I find that I may need to bring the filler from a differnt direction or off a nearby stem to accomplish this.

Looks good though, I envy your drawing skills. You have a real feel for it.GH

GH, I am changing the flow pattern on the left, changing direction on the second flower and removing two leaves that block the flow. I will post the change when I get it done. Again Thanks. Chuck

Here is a picture of the revised pattern, with the changes we talked about. Also included is the old for comparison. Thanks GH Chuck

DSCF2088.JPG

DSCF2083.JPG

post-5085-1200703398_thumb.jpg

post-5085-1200703419_thumb.jpg