Sign in to follow this  
mikesmith648

Braiding Instruction Wanted

Would really like to learn braiding, but not quite "getting it" from the books I have. Is there anyone that would do one on one instruction to help? I am a travel nurse so as long as I can find a contract in the area, traveling is not a problem. Looking to try to do my next contract in the Nashville / Clarksville area and would be nice if I can find someone in that area.

Thanks,

Mike

There are two DVDs the Bryan Neubert made that really help, and also a DVD called Four Strands of Rawhide. I've never seen it, but it's on my list to get soon. Also, Gail oughts books have great illistrations, and there are braiding seminars posted on here sometimes. If you have a specific question, many on here including myself would be glad to help you get started, or help,through a challenging braiding technique. Best of luck!Brent C.

I guess the first step would be knowing what I should start learning with material wise. Rawhide or lace? And what type of braid should I attempt first?

Get some books, things will make more sense on starting. If you have a rawhide braider near you, it would be easier to just start learning with rawhide. If you are teaching yourself, I would suggest using nylon or paracord for a while until you get the basics, then move on to leather.

Good idea to use paracord. Anyone know of somewhere to get a lot of this cheap for practice only. Could be the cheapest quality too, doesn't matter.

Paracord is always cheap. Go to ubraidit.com they have a good selection