Hi, I want to make a holster for a Ruger SP 9 , 9 mm, but so far every template I make out of cardboard or paper does not look rt, this would my 1st holster and everything else. The leather I have is kind of thin and soft, but I really don't care, I just want see If I can make one. So can anyone help me? Thanks for any help. Latter. Louie.

Do you have an idea of how you want it to look? That's a good starting point.

Getting the holster around the pistol is not particularly hard, but there are several possible ways to connect the holster to your belt or waistband - like clips, snaps, etc.

Do you have an idea of how you want it to look? That's a good starting point.

Getting the holster around the pistol is not particularly hard, but there are several possible ways to connect the holster to your belt or waistband - like clips, snaps, etc.

I don't want anything fancy looking, and I want to use a clip. Thanks. Louie.

Search Google images for pictures of holsters. You may get some ideas that you could incorporate into your project.

Hi, I want to make a holster for a Ruger SP 9 , 9 mm, but so far every template I make out of cardboard or paper does not look rt, this would my 1st holster and everything else. The leather I have is kind of thin and soft, but I really don't care, I just want see If I can make one. So can anyone help me? Thanks for any help. Latter. Louie.

From the old grump: My suggestion to all folks wanting to make a holster or two is to get Al Stohlman's book "How To Make Holsters". At around $12 it will teach you how to make a pattern, stitch properly and a bunch of other stuff that will lead you in the right direction. Mike

Take a look at this holster.

If you like the style I can send you the pattern I created when I made it.

PM me if you want it.

Michael

Edited by mlapaglia

Take a look at this holster.

If you like the style I can send you the pattern I created when I made it.

PM me if you want it.

Michael

Thanks Mike, I really like it specially the way you installed the belt clip. That gives me a good idea on how to place mine on one that I'm cutting rt now. Thanks. Latter. Louie.