Sign in to follow this  
Heika

Craigslist Purchase

My husband and I found these tools on Craigslist. After a long negotiation, we got an amazing deal on them. The seller represented them as 1930's tools, which the vast majority are not. Regardless, there are some old Craftools and Cal-Carved, and some tools marked HD.

Here are a few pics.. please forgive my lack of photography skills.

med_gallery_32910_1383_75416.jpg

The leather book was published in 1945, and is pretty cool.

med_gallery_32910_1383_47643.jpg

Here is a swivel knife with this brand marking. There are a total of five tools with this mark, but some don't have the triangle border. Any ideas?

med_gallery_32910_1383_52087.jpg

The top are Craftool. They are all pre- 1969, but some are marked with only numbers. On the left are the Cal-carved tools. The two lacing tools are HD emblem again, will show a better pic in a moment. The three tools on the bottom have no maker marks.

med_gallery_32910_1383_12197.jpg

Close up of the HD tools.

med_gallery_32910_1383_104492.jpg

Craftool...

med_gallery_32910_1383_53676.jpg

Cal-Carved...

med_gallery_32910_1383_34479.jpg

And tips overall.

My husband and I are just starting to put together a small leather shop. This helps us along quite a bit.

I see at least 4 or 5 tools that have been hand made by someone. The leather stamps look exactly like some I have which I would have bought between 1954 and 1956.

ferg

1342395266[/url]' post='256559']

My husband and I found these tools on Craigslist. After a long negotiation, we got an amazing deal on them. The seller represented them as 1930's tools, which the vast majority are not. Regardless, there are some old Craftools and Cal-Carved, and some tools marked HD.

And tips overall.

My husband and I are just starting to put together a small leather shop. This helps us along quite a bit.

I see at least 4 or 5 tools that have been hand made by someone. The leather stamps look exactly like some I have which I would have bought between 1954 and 1956.

ferg

Hey Ferg,

Yes, five of them appear to be hand made. Someone collected these over a long period of time, and it wasn't the guy we bought them from.

I took a closer look at the edger and the overstitch wheel... they are C.S. Osborne. The print was so small, I took a picture in macro and enlarged it. I wish these tools could tell their story.

med_gallery_32910_1383_234559.jpg

med_gallery_32910_1383_216275.jpg