Sign in to follow this  
IHWrestlingAcademy

Help Making Wrestling Belts

Ive always want to make wrestling belts since i was a kid. I need your help to instruct me down the right way with what tools and what leather i may need to start making my own straps. Thanks to everyone. Im just beginning to get into leather working but its something id like to do forever to get out my artistic creativness. Thanks again to all.

This i do know about the wrestling belts.You will have to have the plates made and they are very expensive

and all of the designs on the belts are copyrighted..

So to make the belts it's almost the same as making a regular belt. if you are close to a Tandy they will give you some expert advice.

The photo is a Championship belt that i did for a local football teampost-1906-076117500 1345035820_thumb.jpg

Edited by Luke Hatley

that looks great Luke! I have a replica belt i planned on using the plates from that and make my first belt. with some seashell tooling on the edge and really just generic. i just want to get started doing it and i wont use anything that is CR'd. What type of leather do you usefor that?

What type of leather do i need? Dye? Tools? etc etc? I get the idea but im asking just to be 100% sure.. Thanks again for the hel Luke!

This i do know about the wrestling belts.You will have to have the plates made and they are very expensive

and all of the designs on the belts are copyrighted..

So to make the belts it's almost the same as making a regular belt. if you are close to a Tandy they will give you some expert advice.

The photo is a Championship belt that i did for a local football teampost-1906-076117500 1345035820_thumb.jpg