Sign in to follow this  
siegeandspike

Hello From Western Australia

Hello!

My name is Chris and I am very new to Leatherwork - been going less than 6 months. I am from Perth, Western Australia. I am a knife collector and a wood carver (whittler).

I have looked at a lot of the posts on this site over the last couple of months or so, but this is the first time that I am posting.

I originally started doing leatherwork because I wanted to make sheaths for 2 knives that I made.

I have completed my first few projects, most of which are displayed on Deviantart - Username SiegeandSpike - http://siegeandspike.deviantart.com/

I am really getting into making small cases for various knives/tools at the moment. I am loving every second of it! :D

I wish that I could do this for a living! Dream job!

Attached is a picture of a small sheath that I made for my 'Buck Scholar'. It is only a couple of inches long. It has a small Tandy belt clip and a this leather (off an old leather chair!) lining to protect the knife from the clip.

Feel free to shoot any hints/tips my way :)

post-32422-091068300 1345448512_thumb.jp

Wow, when you click on the thumbnail, that picture turns out crazy big. Sorry about that.

welcome chris, i know you will enjoy the forum.....you need to resize the pics before uploading...800 x 600 i find is a good size.

cheers

caroline (Geelong Vic)

Hi Chris ,West Aussie too,where abouts are you ,i am in Rockingham and like you only been doing this for a short time.Its a great hobby and some very helpful people on here.

Hi Chris ,West Aussie too,where abouts are you ,i am in Rockingham and like you only been doing this for a short time.Its a great hobby and some very helpful people on here.

Hello 'Silverback'! I am also SOR. What sort of stuff do you make?

Usual stuff most starters make,belts purses wallets,hair barrettes,zippo lighter holders.Also make pouches for two way radios and gps etc plus covers for metal detectors

Hello 'Silverback'! I am also SOR. What sort of stuff do you make?

Edited by silverback

I have used both those plus the guy at fremantle tanneries but he has shifted now and is in the process of setting up a home base.i will let you know when he is going again.The local leather and canvas manufactures are also worth a look as i pick up a bit of scrap leather every now and then for a good price.