Looking for a replacement for Frieblings. Not happy with the finish. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

I've been enjoying the Eco-Flo Professional Waterstains. Don't let the Eco-Flo label scare you away.

Angelus spirit dyes any day of the week.

The range of colors is great and no waterstain Eco-flow (sorry, just my honest opinion) can compete with it's vidid beautiful colors , The dye even comes in big 1 pint bottles at this place (I don't know them, just been a happy customer) : http://turtlefeather...ngelus/dye.html

Edited by Tina

Honestly some of the eco flo prostains are nice, but others not so much. The blue is the wrong shade of blue. I got some the other day and it dries a blue green, the red is a nice solid red. But I prefer the mineral spirits dyes because of the way they permeate the leather. So if you have to cut grooves or anything the groove is the same color as the piece. Also the mineral spirits dyes give you some nifty effects if you use different application techniques. The mahogany and chocolate will give you a wood look if you use a dauber with the swirling method.

I water base is a bit cleaner, but when someone asks for a blue piece, giving them something thats aqua colored isnt going to hack it.