DoubleC

Sharing Marketing And Advertising Advice For Etsy

You folks recently gave me some great advice on marketing and I wanted to share something stupid I did. I was hoping maybe as we all got more knowledgeable about Etsy or FB, it doesn't matter we could just keep this thread going with tips for other LWs.

One morning before I had a business meeting I went to Etsy and changed all my titles to include FREE SHIPPING at the end. I thought it would be a good strategy and not that costly in the long run. A few days after that I found out on the site some where, I wish I could remember where now, that google will not pick up your title if it has free shipping in it. Plus there's several other things they won't pick up if you use special characters. I know I saw someone at eBay or probably tons of them typing LiKe ThIs iN AlL tHeIr aDs and other things like that. Google ignores those titles too, and the !!!!!!! etc.

I don't feel like most of you are my competition but rather friends and extremely helpful people. Maybe I'm naive but I think there's room for all of us and our products. In the recent thread someone said I needed to get up more products on Etsy and that's true, but I keep actually reducing them. One was in someone's treasury or whatever that stuff is, maybe a favorite, I don't know. But I took it off because the better I get at my products, ones from 6 months ago embarrass me. Does anyone else have this problem? I can't produce fast enough to keep up with my own standards.

Anyway if you folks want to let's share tips for utilizing Etsy and FB to the fullest because I'm totally lost with my FB page, don't even go there anymore. Cheryl

Edited by DoubleC