I have picked up some bottles of Eco-Flo ALL-IN-ONE and I was wondering if it can be thinned? I know it has a sealer already in it and it is like a gel but I want to get it to a thinner consistancy. Any input welcome, I have never used this product before and paid $5 per quart. So if it sucks I wont loose too much!

plain water will thin it a good bit.

When I thin water based dyes I use distilled water to ensure I get consistent results. Like TwinOaks said it can be thinned (and should be), I would thin it sparingly, a little water will go a long ways (not like spirit based dyes where I might go 10:1. If it is 8oz bottles I would start with a teaspoon and go again after thoroughly shaking it up to mix it until you get the consistency of normal dye, not thin but "liquidy". You can over do it. If it's a quart bottle, I'd start with 2 oz of water and add 1 oz until the consistency is what I wanted. I would also never trust the finish in the All-in-one, it even says on the bottle, I would apply a coat of your favorite finish after it is dry. I normally use clear lac, but super sheen or satin sheen should work for you. When I experimented with these dyes, I discovered that you need to coat the entire piece heavily and then wipe off the excess. If you have an area that is not covered as well as the others you won't be able to add dye to blend them, the dye sets pretty quickly and the finish makes it impossible to reapply. If that happens there is always Fiebings USMC Black, it'll penetrate anything as long as you haven't put a final finish on with clear lac or such.

Chief