DanTheMan

Magazine Pouch Advice Needed

Hello,

I want to make my first pouch style holder for two 10-round Ruger 10/22 Magazines. I have been working with leather a few months, but have only made sheaths so far. I found the picture below on the Ruger site. Its going to be a fun project.

pouch_zps9d3bcd85.jpg

Now for the questions...What is a good all-around leather weight for a pouch like this? I am a little unsure on the proper way to construct the pouches. In the picture it appears that the leather with the button flap to hold the magazine in the pouch is cut from a single piece of leather and glued/stitched to the belt loop leather. Then the pouch is cut from a single piece of leather and glued/stitched on top of the flap part mentioned above. What is the best method to attach the bottom part of the pouch. It looks like the leather was folded in side the pouch for the stitching. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Looks a lot like an old HKS speed loader case. If it is similar then 7-8 oz leather is what they used I believe.. I would have to dig one out and measure to be sure tho.. When I get a chance I will and advise if it is different...

+1 on the 7/8