Sign in to follow this  
Jon in GA

Pattern For Ruger P85 / P89

I've recently started playing with leatherworking, mainly holsters and the like. I showed my brother my first "good" holster, and he said he'd like me to make him one for Christmas.

I'm planning to make a holster and dual mag pouch set for him. I have access to the gun, if needed, but since I'm still new at this, I was wondering if anyone had a pattern for an Avenger or pancake style holster for a Ruger P85 or P89 they'd be willing to share to get me started. I'm leaning towards an Avenger, but have not decided.

I've successfully made a couple of my own patterns so far, so I can always try my hand at that also.

Thanks!

I've recently started playing with leatherworking, mainly holsters and the like. I showed my brother my first "good" holster, and he said he'd like me to make him one for Christmas.

I'm planning to make a holster and dual mag pouch set for him. I have access to the gun, if needed, but since I'm still new at this, I was wondering if anyone had a pattern for an Avenger or pancake style holster for a Ruger P85 or P89 they'd be willing to share to get me started. I'm leaning towards an Avenger, but have not decided.

I've successfully made a couple of my own patterns so far, so I can always try my hand at that also.

Thanks!

How close is it to a P95? I made a pancake holster pattern for my P95 last night, cut and glued the leather and will (hopefully) be stitching tonight or tomorrow.

Edited by FybrOptx

I will swing by Office Depot tomorrow and have them scan the pieces in to PDF and post it to my dropbox. Then you could give it a try to see if it works for ya. Maybe spare cardboard or some craft foam first...

Edited by FybrOptx

Here is the link to it. It was scanned in at 600dpi. There are dots to mark the belt loops and stitch lines (start and end). An optional reinforcement is also included. I will be sewing my prototype together tonight or tomorrow to see how well it worked out.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lj0mgqw18fzh92v/FAms6tNpJE/Ruger%20P95%20-%20Pancake%20-%20Template