llasso

Roy Rogers Gun Belt and Holster Rig

Good Morning, Please find picture of the Roy Rogers Reproduction Gun Belt and Holster set I just finished. This rig took about 60 hours from start to finish. It is made from 8/9oz leather with 4/5oz leather lining. The belt is 3.5” wide and is set at 39” center it will go down to 37” and up to 41”. This rig is completely carved even under the billet straps and the holster flaps are also carved. I have attached a retention strap to this rig that is blind stitched. That means you do not see it from the front side of the belt.

It also has two access entry points in the back of the belt that allow to change the buckle if you so desire.. These points allow the screws on the buckle to be sub- surface , so as not to mar the leather . There are hammer thongs on each holster. There are 36 bullet loops for 45 or 44 caliber bullets. The holsters are made for a Colt SAA 45, The toes of the holsters are open so any length barrel should work. Oil has been applied to the rig and two separate dies were applied. The finish is a satin sheen that allows for a moisture barrier. This rig is completely leather lined. The only thing you see when you look at the back is the thread and entry points to change the buckle. The ornamentation consists of nickel spots and a very special buckle set on the belt. The holster bands are laired between the top leather and lining so you do not see them from the back side. The hammer thongs were also configured in the same way. You will also notice that the buckle sets on the holsters match the buckle set on the gun belt

rrrrrr12.jpg

post-2374-1200673118_thumb.jpg

That is a real beauty. Brings back memories of my childhood.

Wow!! that is some piece!

Gorgeous work, just gorgeous. I grew up in the 50s so it does bring back memories of the cap gun holster that I played with back then. I used to do cowboy action shooting and would have been walking on cloud 9 to have a holster set like that!!!!!!

John

Edited by gunfighter48

very nice set up, I also liked your explanation of what you did and how you did it. watch the rubie crystals on the buckel as they have a tendency to get lost. again nice tooling and spot job!

Fantastic and the time it took shows in the quality of the end product. What would the rig cost retail these days? I would guess 350 to 400 dollar range?

LLASSO...ASWUM WORK A+++

JORDAN NOT TO BE UGLY OR ANYTHING, I WILL SPEAK FOR MY SELF

A GOOD LEATHER CRAFTSMAN IS NOT GOING TO GIVE THEIR PRODUCTS AWAY...

DOUBLE WHAT YOU ASKED.....AND I AM PROBABLY STILL OFF BY A LOT.

WHAT SAY LLASSO ? :whatdoyouthink:

Edited by Luke Hatley

This is just very, very amazing work you've done:-)

It was just a guess and it is obvious I was way off. No insult intended and my experience around here is that most people are just plain cheap. Double my guess seems reasonable to me, but asking that much would be a difficult sale with a public that wants everything for free. Maybe elswhere in the country would be easier. Bianchi site lists some rigs at around 600 not sure if thats just for a belt or the whole rig?

Edited by Jordan

A plain, but well-made, lined, mexican loop holster, double gunbelt is typically in the $350-$500 range. Buscadero gunbelts are more. Border stamping or basketweave adds to that. Carving adds a lot more. Two-tone dyeing adds again.

Terrific rig! The only thing I don't like are the buckles - easy to change.

Bill

Wow, I thought as my mouth dropped open and my chin hit the shelf that holds the keyboard !! I have seen some other places try and make the Roy Rogers sets not as nice as yours Larry and they were asking $1000 or more for the custom work ie. fit, lining, etc. Now off to get my chin stitched up, Really nice work. Billy P

Larry, each time I see your work, I'm amazed even more. That is one BEAUTIFUL rig. Are you going to make matching spur straps?

Ken

Fantastic and the time it took shows in the quality of the end product. What would the rig cost retail these days? I would guess 350 to 400 dollar range?

This rig will sell for $950.00 to the right buyer

LLASSO...ASWUM WORK A+++

JORDAN NOT TO BE UGLY OR ANYTHING, I WILL SPEAK FOR MY SELF

A GOOD LEATHER CRAFTSMAN IS NOT GOING TO GIVE THEIR PRODUCTS AWAY...

DOUBLE WHAT YOU ASKED.....AND I AM PROBABLY STILL OFF BY A LOT.

WHAT SAY LLASSO ? :whatdoyouthink:

This rig should sell for $950.00. and that is a good price... I would like to get $1200.00 but that is not to be

Larry

Thanks to all of you for the nice words. I do enjoy my work in leather and try to the best of my ability to make it as perfect as I can. IWorking with leather is a joy as you can make it what you want as you are the creator of the finished product. I hve made spur straps to match the gun belt,

That is beautiful craftsmanship! Someday I want to make one for myself and the saddle. I'm a big RR fan.

Check out this link for one for sale on the RR site. Over $2500! http://www.royrogers.com/shop-index.html

ArtS

Just awesome work. Totally awesome. Hope I can get that good one day.

Hope you found the right buyer! :)

Good Morning, Please find picture of the Roy Rogers Reproduction Gun Belt and Holster set I just finished. This rig took about 60 hours from start to finish. It is made from 8/9oz leather with 4/5oz leather lining. The belt is 3.5” wide and is set at 39” center it will go down to 37” and up to 41”. This rig is completely carved even under the billet straps and the holster flaps are also carved. I have attached a retention strap to this rig that is blind stitched. That means you do not see it from the front side of the belt.

It also has two access entry points in the back of the belt that allow to change the buckle if you so desire.. These points allow the screws on the buckle to be sub- surface , so as not to mar the leather . There are hammer thongs on each holster. There are 36 bullet loops for 45 or 44 caliber bullets. The holsters are made for a Colt SAA 45, The toes of the holsters are open so any length barrel should work. Oil has been applied to the rig and two separate dies were applied. The finish is a satin sheen that allows for a moisture barrier. This rig is completely leather lined. The only thing you see when you look at the back is the thread and entry points to change the buckle. The ornamentation consists of nickel spots and a very special buckle set on the belt. The holster bands are laired between the top leather and lining so you do not see them from the back side. The hammer thongs were also configured in the same way. You will also notice that the buckle sets on the holsters match the buckle set on the gun belt

Yep that is real good. Saw this and posted mine elsewhere.

Edited by cottoncreek

Good Morning, Please find picture of the Roy Rogers Reproduction Gun Belt and Holster set I just finished. This rig took about 60 hours from start to finish. It is made from 8/9oz leather with 4/5oz leather lining. The belt is 3.5" wide and is set at 39" center it will go down to 37" and up to 41". This rig is completely carved even under the billet straps and the holster flaps are also carved. I have attached a retention strap to this rig that is blind stitched. That means you do not see it from the front side of the belt.

Well I would say "Shit hot gunbelts" i like em

Terry