What is the best way to thin your oil base dye like fiebings?

I haven't used the oil dyes in quite a while, but Fiebing's site says to use the same reducer as their other dyes. http://www.fiebing.com/catalogue/dyes/?product=188

Fiebings dyes are spirit based even the ones that say oil. Use their reducer or denatured alcohol. Some people use isopropyl alcohol but I have never tried that.

David

Fiebings dyes are spirit based even the ones that say oil. Use their reducer or denatured alcohol. Some people use isopropyl alcohol but I have never tried that.

David

I've heard the same thing about isopropyl alcohol, just make sure it is actually isopropyl alcohol and not rubbing alcohol. Rubbing Alcohol sometimes has Isopropyl Alcohol on the label, however, it is anywhere from 70% (Most Often) to 92% Isopropyl Alcohol and the remainder is water.

Chief

I've used isopropyl to thin sprit dyes a few times now. Seems to work just fine. I have not tried it, but from what others have said, the 70% isopropyl is too much water to dry correctly. 90% or better seems to work fine though. I use 92% because it's fairly easy to get hold of