Sign in to follow this  
jt1

Singer 175-63

New to sewing machines and have a question. Can anyone tell me about the Singer 175-63 machine? I'm looking to use it for holster making, usually two layers of 7/8 maybe sometimes three layers. Will this machine handle this? It appears to be in OK shape, nor great. Is this a slow speed machine? Does it have the walking foot or other desirable feathers? Are parts and service still available? How much should I offer? Thanks for any info you may be able to provide.

Edited by jt1

New to sewing machines and have a question. Can anyone tell me about the Singer 175-63 machine? I'm looking to use it for holster making, usually two layers of 7/8 maybe sometimes three layers. Will this machine handle this? It appears to be in OK shape, nor great. Is this a slow speed machine? Does it have the walking foot or other desirable feathers? Are parts and service still available? How much should I offer? Thanks for any info you may be able to provide.

The 175-63 is called a tacker,it has no feed dogs to pull the leather ,it's used for draperies,buttons & things were you need a narrow zig-zag type of tack.

Better keep looking.

Bob

Bob- Thanks for the info and the quick response, just the type of input I was looking for. I'll keep looking.

Have a nice day

jack

Edited by jt1