Does anyone know of any sites or resources that offer free downloads of carving patterns to try? I have a couple from Tandy and didn't know if there was any resources beyond that, that anyone knew of.

Thanks

Charles

If you are just practicing carving get a book of tattoo art make copies and go from there. I have also heard of people using coloring books or patterns for embroidery. Leather crafters and saddlers journal also usually has a few. If you want to practice letters print them out in different fonts from the computer.

David

Go to images.google.com and type in whatever sort of image you're looking for. When the results come up, click the search tools button and then change the type to line drawing. Clip Art will often yield good results as well

You won't really find patterns specifically for leathercraft this way, but you'll often find things that will work well as a design on leather. Other good resources include embroidery design sites (check out hand embroidery patterns on a site like www.urbanthreads.com to see what I mean) and, yes, tattoo designs.

Edited by cjdevito

Does anyone know of any sites or resources that offer free downloads of carving patterns to try? I have a couple from Tandy and didn't know if there was any resources beyond that, that anyone knew of.

I'm sure you found Leathercraftlibary.com But if you think outside the standards.... try searching for Embroidery patterns, stained glass patterns, even a coloring book can offer interesting designs.

use google it is best for your demanding criteria

Ok cool thanks guys I will check them out. I have been into Leather Craft Library's site a few times now. I know for some stuff they charge a feww. Has anyone done that side of it? Just curious if it is work the $$ or not.

I have a few of the LCL pdfs. I like to buy them when I get the $5 off coupon I get with my gold membership. I think they are fine, since you can print them as many times as you want and they work like any other "put it together" type patterns.