gunmaker

Cylinder Arm Table Layout?

Great forum here!

I bought a cylinder machine/Consew 287R (head only) and now need to screw it to a table. I've got some Adjustable K-Legs coming to hold the table top. Going to laminate some 3/4" Birch plywood together today cut to 48"X20". I'm looking for info on where on the table to start drilling holes & cutting slots. I'm not sure how far back the thread stand needs to be, etc.. I'll probably not cut the clearance under the arm now but may need it in the future.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Photos with a tape measure on a similar setup would be great.

Forgot to add, the motor is a new servo design.

Thanks for any help.

James

I would wait till you have the table put togeather with the top on and the motor set so you can see where holes need to be drilled and slot cut. If you start cutting and drilling before you have ever thing you will probley have something in the wrong place.

Great forum here!

I bought a cylinder machine/Consew 287R (head only) and now need to screw it to a table. I've got some Adjustable K-Legs coming to hold the table top. Going to laminate some 3/4" Birch plywood together today cut to 48"X20". I'm looking for info on where on the table to start drilling holes & cutting slots. I'm not sure how far back the thread stand needs to be, etc.. I'll probably not cut the clearance under the arm now but may need it in the future.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Photos with a tape measure on a similar setup would be great.

Forgot to add, the motor is a new servo design.

Thanks for any help.

James

Hi James,

I bbelievethe cut outs in the flat bed stands always becomes too small. You always need to sew a big project that not fits the cut out, or it is no room to turn it. Like a big bag or something.

I have two stands like that and I hate them. There is a other way to do it, it depends of your table legs.

Look at this Japanese youtube video;

I do not understand what they talk about, but the pictures shows what I mean.

Cut the table in a L shape like in this video. You might have to remove some of the left K legs table support, nevertheless, this is much better than a regular U shaped cut out.

Then put a paper sheet over the motor bracket and draw off the holes; then you have something to mark where you need to drill holes in the table.

Put the machine head on the table and make sure it is positioned where it is room for the motor and reducer underneath. Drill holes and cut out the hole for the V belt, do not mount it yet. Turn the table upside down and mount the motor/reducer and all cables underneath first. It will save you a great deal of work doing it this way, espesiaespeciallyis a heavy clutch motor.

Good luck

Trox