Sign in to follow this  
bebah

Small padded inserts on saddles

I am still in the process of assembling my first saddle. It will have a full padded seat. I am contemplating building a Wade with a padded insert. Can anyone give me some how to info on how that's done ? I have some ideas on it but I would like to see, hear or read how you have done it successfully. Thanks for any help or reference you can give me on how to accomplish this.

Bebah

My current saddle.

s55.JPG

post-7038-1218850946_thumb.jpg

I rember this thread that Bruce started some time back. Afte reading it I done some thought and have been using neopreme to make ankle holsters here of late. and decided to use some of it for a seat. I think if worked fine and works better that the padding the saddle suppliers sell. You can buy it by the yard and it comes 50" wide. I have found all kinds of uses for it. I have also been using the neopreme in rebuilding motorcycle seats as it does not compress as much as regular foam. Do a search and you will find many suppliers for neopreme. Look for the kind they use for wet suits for divers.

Randy

Bebah,

Here is a thread on inlaid seats to get you started.

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1794

Thanks Denise,

That thread answers many of my questions.

Bebah